[Ti] [OT] process flow diagrams on a Mac

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Thu Mar 16 02:38:59 PST 2006

On 16 Mar 2006, at 02:43, Mikael Byström wrote:

> Richard Edwards said:
>
>> check out NovaMind.com great Mind Mapping software [best in genre]
>> and see if it does the trick for your needs
>
> As great as NovaMind is, "Process flow diagrams" and mind maps are
> different concepts on the detail level.

correct

> For example process flow diagrams
> have accepted types of icons that should be online.

do you mean 'it should be possible to find them somewhere on-line'?
I have looked....

> I use OmniGraffle for simpler UML diagramming. I could swear I've seen
> Process Flow Icons from somewhere as well.

if you remember, please tell me !

> Trev, did you search for third party libraries?

I did but maybe I was not looking (yet) in the right place, which is
why I thought a post here might get me a jump-start

> Did you look at Omnis
> website?

first of all

> Don't you consider UML to be "technical", btw? It was available
> built-in for me.

I am not suggesting that the available stencils are not technical,
they are just not what I am looking for.
Visio standard does not have process flow diagram (icons) but the
Technical version does (from what I hear/read).

Thanks for your help anyway.

Trevor