[Ti] powerbook crashing

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 22 09:49:08 PST 2006

What do you see in the file /Library/Logs/panic.log?  Especially if
you find anything labeled "kernel loadable modules in backtrace...",
the following lines can show you what part of the system caused the
panic.  The suggestion of bad RAM is possible (see the rant in my
panics, though it's quite rare, compared to other causes.

So, let us know if you find anything helpful in there - or post some
of the log to the list.  The most important lines are anything
starting "com." in the kernel loadable modules section, and the first
line which will list a rather vague cause (usually "data access", in
my experience).  You can cut out all the register values (anything
0x...), because those aren't usually useful for finding the root cause.