[Ti] Macbook pro version 2...

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sun May 7 20:39:24 PDT 2006

On May 7, 2006, at 8:08 PM, T Molnar wrote:

> Does anyone know if in their 17" model they have started to address
> some of the issues that have emerged with the 15" version?
> i.e. heat, power consumption, whining screens etc..... I have read
> differing accounts of quality issues at the MacIntouch site as well
> as a few other sites.

Apple has been quietly shipping revisions to the first 15" machines
with the heat issue.  There was a problem with the thermal
conductivity paste applied to the cpu cores that didn't allow the
heat to dissipate to the heat pipes.  However, the Core Duo didn't
meet Intel's advertised specs on power consumption and that issue is
likely to not be solved anytime soon since it's an architectural
design issue.  Anything with a Core Duo can double as a portable camp
stove.
--
Chris