[Ti] Macbook pro version 2...

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Sun May 7 18:08:41 PDT 2006

Well,

My faculty is going to buy me a new computer. Yeah. So I am considering
a macbook pro.
I am not inclined to get a version 1 having concerns about several
"problems" with the current version.

Given apple's propensity to never release information I am given over
to relying on speculation and rumour concerning when they will put out
a revision for their macbook pro's.

I am hoping by summers end they may have a new 15" version.

Does anyone know if in their 17" model they have started to address
some of the issues that have emerged with the 15" version?
i.e. heat, power consumption, whining screens etc..... I have read
differing accounts of quality issues at the MacIntouch site as well as
a few other sites.
I am not a big 450 mb photoshop file render type guy so the actual
performance issues with rosetta etc are less of an issue for me.

Late August is likely when I will have to put in the order.

So "listers", fire away with your best guess as to when this might
happen and your reasoning, however, brief.
I am all "eyes" :-)

thanks
tim

tim.molnar