[Ti] encoding video

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Fri May 19 09:18:25 PDT 2006

The time for encoding doesn't seem too out of whack, but all I have
compare it to is my encoding .mov's
Doing something like crunching a 70 mb file down to 10 mb using
quicktime pro seems to take up about 9 or 10 min on my 1ghz tibook with
768 mb of Ram.
This may not correspond when moving to the sizes you are talking about
but that long doesn't surprise me.

The H.264 format is very good as Chris notes.

cheers,
tim