[Ti] Which RAM?

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Mon May 29 10:56:20 PDT 2006

On 29 May 2006, at 05:01, Da Pen wrote:

> one for $109 and another for $93:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=6885935988&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> ViewItem&item=6885622822&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
>
> I don't know what to buy.  Any insight is appreciated!
>
> Cheers! Dave

I notice that the $93 RAM seems to be unbranded (or if it is branded,
it's not mentioned in the spec) and comes with no warranty. The $109
RAM is branded Samsung and comes with a 60 day warranty.

Personally I go for branded RAM every time, to ensure that the chips
on the DIMM have gone through the more rigorous testing a Brand
requires, which translates to higher stability and better performance.

Not everyone would agree, and this topic has come up many times on
the Ti list,  but you have my stance on it at least.

--
Tarik