[Ti] Exchange Account - from MAIL 2.0.7

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Mon May 29 11:05:29 PDT 2006

On 28 May 2006, at 08:15, Dr Trevor J.Hutley wrote:

> On 25 May 2006, at 17:18, Dennis Fazio wrote:
>
>> On May 25, 2006, at 6:47 AM, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
>>
>>> It turns out that they do not have IMAP on the Exchange Server
>>> and that they have no port 143........
>>
>> They need to enable IMAP
>
> Dennis - the IT guys are very cooperative.  They said that IMAP is
> running on the Exchange Server, but it is not configured.
> They have Exchange 2003. if that "version" info helps in any way.
>
> No matter what we tried today, it is still saying that it cannot
> connect on Port 143.

Did you try what Dennis suggested? i.e.:

> You can check on your own if you can get to the IMAP port by
> opening Terminal and making a telnet connection to the mail
> server's IMAP port:
>
> telnet <mailserver.college.edu> 143

You should do that from a terminal session on your computer. This
will at least tell you if an IMAP server is responding on port 143 on
that machine.

If you get some kind of reply back  (it may look like gobbledigook to
you but you should at least see "connected to server_name") then you
know that it's not a firewall/network problem.

--
Tarik