[Ti] Exchange Account - from MAIL 2.0.7

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon May 29 15:07:11 PDT 2006

On May 28, 2006, at 2:15 AM, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> Dennis - the IT guys are very cooperative.  They said that IMAP is
> running on the Exchange Server, but it is not configured.
> They have Exchange 2003. if that "version" info helps in any way.
>
> No matter what we tried today, it is still saying that it cannot
> connect on Port 143.
>
> I think the IT guys want to help, but I don't think they know
> exactly what to do next.

If they have an Exchange license, they must have some sort of support
contract with Microsoft. Can't they just call Microsoft support for
help? MS should be able to lead your IT guys through an IMAP setup. I
have no experience with MS Exchange and don't know what the procedure
is.

Make sure they also get Outlook Web Access working, if it is not
already, with the WEBDAV server. You can then use group calendaring
and address syncing for working with other University people, if that
is of interest, via Entourage.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com