[Ti] need new wireless router: what works best with Mac?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Thu Nov 23 06:42:56 PST 2006

At 9:31 AM -0500, 11/23/06, Malcolm Hamilton wrote:

>I need a new wireless router.  I called a friend who suggested
>anything by Linksys, Belkin or Netgear... which isn't much of a help
>(too much choice).

Thank goodness he was right. If Macs didn't work well with all of
those, we'd have a problem every time we went to a place that had one
of those brands.

If you are asking for a personal preference, I guess I'd choose
Linksys since they are the most popular and thus if you have a
question, it will be most likely that you'll find someone who has
experience with the design of their interface.

They all do work quite well but the merely differ in their layout of
their 'wizards' to setting them up. But even then, they all often
work right out of the box (not that I'd recommend you leave them like
that though.)
--

Robert Ameeti

The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them.
            -- Samuel McChord Crothers, The Gentle Reader