[Ti] need new wireless router: what works best with Mac?

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Thu Nov 23 07:18:13 PST 2006

On Nov 23, 2006, at 9:42 AM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> They all do work quite well but the merely differ in their layout
> of their 'wizards' to setting them up. But even then, they all
> often work right out of the box (not that I'd recommend you leave
> them like that though.)
> --
I'd leave them like that for a day or 2 just to make sure they work
correctly then limit access via password.

Also the best place to put the wireless router for your house would
probably be on the first floor. The maximum signal strength/range
works mostly in a flat plain liked a CD. This is due to the antenna
type and basic radio wave action. You'll get better range on the same
floor than you will by going upstairs or downstairs.

John
--
If a motorists cuts you off, just turn the other cheek. Nothings gets
the message across like a good mooning.