[Ti] restored PowerBook G4 Titanium

Lynda Infantino lyni at bigego.com
Fri Oct 6 12:45:07 PDT 2006

I recently bought a restored 15" Mac PowerBook G4/1GHz Titanium with
768 Ram and a Wireless card installed.
I upgraded it to OS 10.3 with the Panther disks that came with my
desktop iMac G4 (the "half-dome"model) which also has a wireless card.
But the Titanium has trouble booting up. It will do a "safe boot-up"
when I hold down the shift key but it only occasionally (after many
tries and sometimes after zapping the pram) boots-up when turned on
without holding down the shiftkey. It goes to the grey apple screen and
then to a light blue screen where it hangs up.
I called TechRestore, where I bought it and they said yu shouldn't
install the Panther CD's that came with the iMac onto the PowerBook.
What do you think?