[Ti] Need OSX Backup SW Suggestions

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Wed Oct 18 06:52:40 PDT 2006

On Oct 17, 2006, at 9:02 PM, Obrecht, Jerry A wrote:

> I think I've gotten religion,

!!!!

> and want to start doing regular backups,

excellent !

> but don't know what is good.

I have been using Retrospect from Dantz for about 15 years, from the
days of my IIfx through my 3400c to my Ti-500 to my current Al-book
1.25 running 10.4.8, for DAILY backup.

> There was great discussion very recently about using Disk Warrior
> to do regular HD volume repairs.

I also swear by DiskWarrior.....

For my backup, I have an external LaCie 250 Gb FW800 disk,
partitioned in to 2 equal volumes.
Volume 1 has OS X installed.

Each volume contains a copy of Retrospect, (together with its serial
number), Disk Utility, etc.
I keep the catalogue files on the target volume.

I run an incremental daily backup to Volume 1, when it is full, I
change to Volume 2.  When that is full, I do a re-cycle backup on
Volume 1.

I also run another backup - not EVERY day -  to a 100 Gb internal
drive mounted in a Momobay FW400 case.

I hope that helps you with your conversion to a true believer.

regards,  Trevor