[Ti] 17" MacBook Pro and Firewire

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 24 06:45:48 PDT 2006

You could try resetting the PMU: http://docs.info.apple.com/
article.html?artnum=303319

Also, try a different Firewire cable, and a different Firewire
device.  Be careful, because a bad Firewire cable (or device) can
damage working devices.  It's a bit of a catch-22 sometimes; it's
difficult to tell what's broken without plugging it in to something,
but by plugging it in, you might break the other hardware.

Kynan Shook
kashook at wisc.edu
http://homepage.mac.com/kynan/