[Ti] New C2D MBP offerings - Too good to pass on?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Oct 25 07:56:32 PDT 2006

I made the switch from G4 Powerbook to G5 iMac in January. Now it may
be the time to switch back.

I calculated the difference in cost between a 24” iMac with all the
goodies (2.33 Ghz, Nvidia 7300 video, 500G drive, 2G RAM) and the
bottom line really isn’t much different than the top 17” C2D MBP. Of
course if I want a 22” or larger display, there goes another $1K or
more. And one would have to factor in the bottleneck created by the
smaller slower drive and the slightly slower ATI video card. But then
there is the matter of the Express Card slot for expansion and a more
flexible DVI External Video arrangement.

Is anyone thinking of grabbing one of these gems?

jg