[Ti] Apple External Modem problems...

John simplymail at ururk.com
Tue Sep 19 17:59:57 PDT 2006

I have a new MacBook I am setting up for a friend, and have run into
some trouble setting up the modem/mail connection.

I *believe* I configured the internet settings, along with the mail
settings, properly.

However, the modem disconnects frequently (every few minutes or so).
The checkboxes for "disconnect.... etc..." in PPO options are unchecked.

I tried my friends and my phone line - both connected successfully
before to this ISP. Additionally I used ot have this ISP, and the
mail settings for PO were simple.

I can get to Apple.com, google.com, etc... without trouble.

mail.app does not work with her old account settings. I had the ISP
reset the password as well (twice, plus I checked it via web mail).

Any ideas???

Thanks

John