[Ti] Re: best upgrade options?

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Wed Sep 27 12:54:35 PDT 2006

10.4 runs well on my son's tibook 550mhz with 512 megs of ram.

Do you run the maintenance scripts every 2 weeks or so? Go to
versiontrackercom
and download ONYX, the appropriate version for 10.2  and use it to
run the
routine maintenance procedures. Most of your problems should disappear.

John

On Sep 27, 2006, at 3:39 PM, Barbara Needham wrote:

> I can't answer all your questions but I can say that OS 10.3.9 runs
> quite
> well on the Titanium power book and in my opinion doesn't have as many
> issues as 10.2.
>

> gwen on 9/27/06 said
>
>> I'm trying to send again, as my subscription was not complete the
>> first
>> time.
>>
>> On 9/26/06, gwen <gwenkraft at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I need advice on the best upgrade options for my titanium.  I am
>>> losing
>>> data and icons off the desk top.
>>>
>>> Except for an increase (in the cache I think) to double about 2
>>> years ago,
>>> I have not had any other upgrades. [Maybe this is reflected in
>>> the memory
>>> SDRAM numbers below?]
>>>
>>> I am still running OS X 10.2.8,   and Classic 9.2
>>>
>>> Machine speed  400 MHz;  Bus speed 100 MHz,   L2 cache size  1 MB
>>> Top Memory    SDRAM  256 MB
>>> Bottom Memory SDRAM 256 MB
>>> Airport is an option; but I do not have it at this time.
>>>
>>> No battery problem.
>>>
>>> I would like, at minimum to upgrade the OS X and Classic
>>> operating systems
>>> to the newest and most efficient possible for the titanium.
>>> I would also like to increase memory or efficiency to prevent the
>>> recent
>>> crashes and loss of data.
>>>
>>> Please advise.
>>>
>>> Thank you.

> stuff:

"If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak
English."
- Homer Simpson