[Ti] Unpredictibility using Logitech USB headset with 10.4.8

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Mon Apr 9 13:00:00 PDT 2007

Hi Frank, Don't believe the problem is 10.4.8. Currently using 10.4.9
with a PowerPC 1.67 GHz G4 powerbook. I have experienced similar
problems using a Logitech USB Premium 350 headset with Skype. In
stead of always going in and checking sound settings, found a quick
reboot of the USB bus (just unplug the headset or better yet, change
USB ports) when it didn't properly switch over the sound. Also found
running the "echo123" Skype sound in/out test was helpful. The
biggest problem with Skype for me is they no longer provide free
North American calls. So... don't use it any more.
Rod