[Ti] Wait on new Powerbook Pro?

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sun Aug 5 14:17:18 PDT 2007

On 5 Aug 2007, at 22:42, <whiteoakart at provide.net>
<whiteoakart at provide.net> wrote:

> Is it worth waiting until October, when Leopard is
> released, to buy a new Powerbook Pro?
>
> If I buy a top end Powerbook (2.4ghz) now, then add Leopard
> when it is released will I regret it?
>
> Or will it be a wash with the cost of Leopard simply added
> to the price of the Powerbook bought in October?

David - how long is a piece of string ?
There is unfortunately no definitive answer to this kind of question.

My view is that unless you really need to upgrade now, it will always
be better to wait until the next release.
Then get the largest RAM and biggest / fastest disk.

I have an Al-book, ordered the day they were announced, with extra
RAM, faster disk, and after almost 4 years, it is still going well.
I have had to add a larger disk (7200 rpm 100Gb Seagate).   The
screen was replaced by Apple because of the white spot problem.
I expect that early next year, I will replace it with the latest
Powerbook Pro.  I will move to Leopard as soon as it it available.

All the best, Trevor