[Ti] Titanium 400Mhz Optical Drive

RALPH LEWIS maccare at gwi.net
Sat Feb 10 14:50:26 PST 2007

On Feb 10, 2007, at 5:16 PM, Simon Royal wrote:

> Hi
>
> I just bought a PowerBook G4 Titanium 400Mhz from eBay. It all
> works fine,
> but the DVD drive is temperamental.

> stuff:

You can get a replacement top case from Blueraven.com (used to be
preowned.com)
or several other vendors out there.
BUT! if you want to replace the DVD drive, for $119 you can replace
it with a fast Dual layer DVD RW drive made for the Titanium as long
as the drive being replaced is a Combo (DVD Read) I just installed
one for a customer and it worked great.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other World Computing/MPBG4SD8XDL/