[Ti] Fans problems

Timothy D. Naegele tdnaegele.associates at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 17:43:41 PST 2007

Beginning about two days ago, a fan in my Ti 800 has been producing a
low-level whirling sound, after I have used the laptop for a while and the
heat begins to build.  Everything had been working perfectly, which has been
true for a long time now, ever since Apple replaced the hard drive and
CD-ROM drive.

Earlier today, I thought about taking it to the Genius Bar at the nearest
Apple Store, where they have been very helpful. However, as luck would have
it, the fan started working like a champ again.  Now the low-level whirling
sound has returned.

As with an abnormal sound in our cars, when an errant noise happens with our
Apples, concerns arise.  Has anyone had similar problems; and if so, how
have you dealt with them?  Needless to say, I would prefer not to send it
back to Apple again, and hope that at most the problem can be addressed by
someone at the Genius Bar.

Any thoughts out there, you Geniuses?  :-)

Tim Naegele
www.naegele.com