[Ti] [OT?] Macworld keynote

Tom Miller tlmiller at mac.com
Wed Jan 10 04:47:37 PST 2007

On Tuesday, January 09, 2007, at 10:47PM, "John Griffin" <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:
>Interesting that no computer products were shown. Just as interesting
>is that Apple is changing its name from Apple Computer to Apple Inc.
>
>Does anyone else see a trend here?

Jobs was on stage for over 2 hours -- an extra long keynote, I think. He barely mentioned the Mac, spent very had little time on iPod/iTunes so he could devote the appropriate time to the revolutionary iPhone. He did have to give a few minutes to AppleTV.

I have to assume that there are software and hardware updates that will be announced after the iPhone excitement has been allowed to subside a little. A large capacity video iPod with some of the features of the iPhone would be nice -- not everyone has constant need of a cellphone and 4 & 8 gigs is not a lot.

>I gaze into my crystal ball and I see Apple getting right out of the
>computer business, selling off the whole division and becoming a
>media company period. After all, it hasn't really been the most
>profitable part of the business for quite awhile. Perhaps Dell or HP
>might be interested...or IBM?

To load the music into the iPhone, I assume you will still need a computer.

Tom Miller