[Ti] [OT?] Macworld keynote

Timothy D. Naegele tdnaegele.associates at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 10:29:56 PST 2007

Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

>since CISCO launched THEIR iPhone some weeks ago - and seem to have
rights to the name - I was indeed surprised to find that Apple have a
product with the name iPhone.
Do they have a name-sharing agreement, or what ?  Maybe some of the
legal guys on the list have a view?

According to a quote from Cisco in the Wall Street Journal:

"[It] is our belief that with their announcement today Apple intends
to agree to the final document and public statement," Cisco said in a
statement. Cisco said it distributed the documents to Apple on Monday
and expects to receive a signed agreement today."

See http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2007/01/09/apple-cisco-reach-deal-over-iphone-or-have-they

Presumably it is a done-deal legally by now.

On another front, the two-year contract with Cingular is less than
wonderful, especially when other carriers are apt to be added, to meet
user demands.  Also, it would seem that the prepaid option ought be
added in the future, just like buying an MCI card at Costco.

Tim Naegele

www.naegele.com