[Ti] does iPhone give any clues re new look of future MacBook Pro?

Chris Long clong at mac.com
Wed Jan 10 13:58:12 PST 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 10:34 AM, Malcolm Hamilton wrote:

> Just wondering if the new look, design, and any new materials used
> in the new IPhone might give any indications of what a future
> MacBook Pro release might look like.

This thought hit me as I was watching the demos... take the MBP and
put a screen where the keyboard and trackpad are now. Everything uses
the "new interface" multi-touch.  In addition, there was a patent
mentioned for "overlay" technology on a touch screen a while back...
piano keys, etc. which could be used to interface with whatever
software you are using.  Imagine Garageband with built-in piano,
guitar, etc. interface. Or video editting. Or artwork.  Then just a
simple enclosure to protect the screen during transport.  Heck, you
could shave off a few more millimeters if you eliminate the optical
drive, DVI, and ethernet... I believe HDMI is a smaller connection
anyway.  There would be the ultimate "Mac Book Thin" that every rumor
site keeps talking about.  They've shown they can do it on a small
scale.  Now go for the gold!

Chris