[Ti] Howdy Group!

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Tue Jan 16 08:11:45 PST 2007

On 16 Jan 2007, at 16:27, dr wrote:

>  Hello folks,
> I'm new. As in completely new.

welcome !  this list has every possible range of knowledge and
experience, from complete beginner and a long way up.  I hope you
enjoy being on the List.

> I just purchased my very first Mac. I think I got a pretty good
> deal and I'm going to pick it up in person so hopefully I'll be
> able to check it out and see if it's all that the seller says it
> is. There's a link to it below if anyone wants to check it out.
> ( sorry about the long link ).
>  One thing I need is a power supply. I've read that Apple brand
> ones are really not very well made. Any advice on an alternative?
> Any general or specific advice will be sincerely appreciated.

Personally, I have never had a single problem with any Apple power
supply.  That is all I have ever used.

> Looking forward to learning,

If you are getting a Ti Powerbook from someone else - as seems to be
the case - I would recommend that you wipe the disk completely with
Disk Utility, install a brand new OS X.
Then you do not inherit any issues or problems.

Second, get yourself a suitable external drive for backup.

regards,  Trevor