[Ti] Hinge Repair advice

Rafe Day rafe_day at nerdshack.com
Tue Jul 10 15:12:54 PDT 2007

Frank:

For what it's worth, from your description, it sounds as if I had the same
model PB with the same problem.  I tried to use the temporary fix you're
suggesting and it didn't hold up for very long (although my TiBook gets a
lot of use -- I'm on it for a good 10 hours on a slow day and it goes
everywhere with me).  So I broke down, bought a replacement hinge, and
determined to do the job myself.  It took me a total of 6 hours of VERY
careful work, but the PB Fixit guide was indispensable and made a tedious
job tenable.  Long story short, it's been working fine for a year and a half
now -- although I'm still very careful opening and closing the display.

Regards,
Rafe