[Ti] Screen goes dark

Timothy D. Naegele tdnaegele.associates at gmail.com
Thu May 24 14:24:04 PDT 2007

Last night I was watching a DVD using Apple's DVD Player and the screen went
dark but the sound remained.  I restarted the 800 Mhz PowerBook G4, and
everything was fine, and then it happened again, so I restarted it again.
Finally, I gave up trying to watch the DVD, thinking that it might be an
issue with the DVD.

Just now I was talking with someone on Skype and the same thing happened: a
dark screen but still sound.

>From earlier PowerBooks, I seem to recall resetting the PRAM, or something
like that.  Does anyone have any bright ideas?  Before I take it to the
Genius Bar at an Apple store, I welcome your thoughts.

Thanks so much.

Tim Naegele
www.naegele.com