[Ti] firewire port appears to be dead

Randy Suinn rms6 at pvhs.org
Mon Nov 12 07:47:41 PST 2007

hi all,
I have a 15" titanium (500mhz?).  One day my firewire port stopped working.  The ext drive spins up but the volume doesn't mount to the desktop.
I tried another firewire device and another cable to no avail.  FW device never appears in the About this Mac.
btw, laptop was running off of AC each time becuz my battery is almost dead.

Could the port be fried?

And if so, is there a way I can fix it myself?

TIA!
randy

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, electronic storage or use of this communication is prohibited.  If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, attaching the original message, and delete the original message from your computer and any network to which your computer is connected.