[Ti] firewire port appears to be dead

Bob Fowles rbf at psu.edu
Mon Nov 12 08:52:49 PST 2007

I had the same problem and posted that story here 7/12/2006. I not
only fried the FW port on my original 500Mhz PB but when I got a
replacement, the same thing happened. In both cases I had used the
same FW cable and a fairly new external HD. I'm pretty sure it was a
bad cable. I bought a $20 PCMCIA card with two FW ports but it did
not work with the original but does with the replacement PB. I use it
every time I make a SuperDuper backup. So there is hope. However, you
won't be able to use FW Target Disk mode any more.

Bob Fowles, Centre County, PA