[Ti] Bluetooth problems

mystshummer hummer at mysterygirl.net
Wed Dec 10 01:39:26 PST 2008

Hi Everyone,

I have the Ti 800mhz 40 Gig HD (with a 300 gig external) and 1 Gig
Ram. I recently switched phones from the World Edition Blackberry to
their new Storm.

Neither Blackberry's are Mac friendly - the World Edition only
updated my contact list, iCal and Stickies. It came with "PocketMac"
Sync Manager. Both of the phones connect through the USB port. Up
until a few hours ago my USB ports were working just fine. The Storm
needed a PocketMac updater, because it is supposed to be a bit
friendlier (Ha!) Blackberry did admit that the phone currently
doesn't do everything you see on the slick television commercial -
such as the clicking the "keyboard." It still needs heat from your
fingers. Simply taking an eraser at the end of a pencil will not work.

Here is the problem -  after 5 ... yes..... FIVE hours of tech
support with Verizon we uninstalled, reinstalled, PocketMac several
times. I finally figured it out later that night or I should say
morning (5am).  The 2 USB ports showed my Bluetooth D-Link DBT-120 in
one port and the Storm in the other.

I was only able to get the Storm to update to contacts.

Now, there is zip. If I plug the phone or iPod into the USB ports
there is power. If anyone is familiar with PocketMac for the Storm -
it did have a driver update in order to help the phone "appear" and
sync.

Any ideas? Helllllllllllpppp !!!!