[Ti] Ti PB 867 won't play with OS 9 at all

Don Williams don40 at bigpond.com
Wed Jul 9 01:39:54 PDT 2008

I have recently"inherited" a Ti PB from one of my sons. It had a clean
install of Tiger and updated to 10.4.11. As I have a single OS 9
application that I would like to run, I was keen to use the PB for
that purpose as there is no way of doing so on my Intel iMac.

However,  the PB refuses to boot from an OS 9 install disk, and just
flashes the folder and question mark at me. I can copy the OS 9
System Folder to the PB and select it for Classic, but after starting
I get a message saying that it can only run on the original media and
not when copied to another drive.

I'm new to the list and I did find an archived thread dealing with a
similar issue, but the solution posted there did not make any
difference. It required using TinkerTool to see invisible files so the
system folder is visible, but it was anyway.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Don Williams
Albany, Western Australia