[Ti] Ti PB 867 won't play with OS 9 at all

MB digital.discuss at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 03:48:36 PDT 2008

Don Williams sa såhär:

>However,  the PB refuses to boot from an OS 9 install disk, and just
>flashes the folder and question mark at me.
Does the drive have OS 9 drivers? If not get Pacifist to install the OS
9 drivers from the OS X disc or if you reformat from the beginning.
What version of OS 9 is on the OS 9 disc? Your model demands 9.2.2 I
think or at least that's the version that was preinstalled. It won't
most likely boot from earlier OS 9 versions.

Are you sure the disc was really choosed to boot from? Sometimes you
have to choose the boot system in System Preferences: startup disc in
order to get it to work.

>I can copy the OS 9
>System Folder to the PB and select it for Classic, but after starting
>I get a message saying that it can only run on the original media and
>not when copied to another drive.
Right. That's to be expected. That OS 9 version is for the OS 9 disc only.