[Ti] Ti PB 867 won't play with OS 9 at all

James Herndon dermdoch at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 9 16:33:22 PDT 2008

Don,

My understanding is that Apple changed the rom architecture of the
Titanium PowerBooks G4 sold after approximately January 10, 2003 so
that users could no longer boot into OS 9. The approaching change was
communicated to the user community at the time so that those who
wanted the use of OS 9 could purchase an eligible unit.  I purchased
the 1 GHz version (MacTracker calls these the P88 model) and found it
a remarkably fleet and stable machine, one which I maintain alongside
my faster but less stable MacBook Pro 4,1.

Jim Herndon