[Ti] Ti PB 867 won't play with OS 9 at all

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Sat Jul 12 07:58:08 PDT 2008

> From: Don Williams <don40 at bigpond.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] Ti PB 867 won't play with OS 9 at all

> So I seem to have reached a dead end on this one. Even if I did get to
> the original iMac and used it to update 9.1 to 9.2, then copied the
> system folder to try on the PB, the experience so far suggests it
> won't work.

What you need is a factory 9.2.2 full install disk.  Some disks that are for
other macs will not work on other different macs as they are proprietary.  I
factory install disk for a powermac G4 tower may not work for a powerbook,
etc.  Someone has already mentioned looking for one on ebay, craigslist,
etc.  your 9.0.4 will not work on your machine.  Do you know someone with
another Ti powerbook that has OS 9 installed on it?   Best bet is to find a
factory 9.2.2 disk, the regular OS 9 install disk, not one for a different
mac, or the original install disks for your Ti from someone and  use those.
It will work.  All Ti books will run OS9.  It is when they switched to the
AL G4 books that it would not longer run OS9 except in classic.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Fred