[Ti] Ti PB hinges

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sat Jul 19 08:54:07 PDT 2008

On Jul 15, 2008, at 11:30 AM, David Logan wrote:

> just managed to break the exstream left hinge. it actually opens
> easier now.
> was wondering if this is going to be a problem later on with the
> main hinge or the right side hinge. with more stress being put on
> these

Is the display still attached at the left end or is it swinging free?
If swinging free, repeated open/closes will eventually stress the
right hinge and probably damage it. Plus, there are wires in the hinge
that will get damaged.

If the display is still attached to the laptop body somehow but no
longer providing friction hold, It should last a while. On mine, the
hinge pin is broke, (broke while I was trying to loosen it.) but the
display is still attached. It opens a lot easier, but there's still
enough friction in the right hinge to hold the display open.

You'll probably want to limit the number of openings and closings if
possible.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com