[Ti] PAL on TiBook?

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Sun Jul 20 19:27:04 PDT 2008

> From: Read Weaver <rweaver at igc.org>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] PAL on TiBook?
>
> Unfortunately, my TiBook is older than that--it has the Combo Drive,
> not the Super Drive (Matshita CD-RW CW-8121). It sounds like VLC will
> work. (I've also seen that there's a firmware hack that should work,
> "AX21"--maybe I'll try that at some point.)
>
> I'd like to know even though I don't have any non-US DVDs at the
> moment, because I'm deciding whether to buy a cheaper non-US version
> of an out-of-print DVD, or the more expensive US version.

This is the site that should answer all your questions..it was posted with
the other one before on the list.
One of the best sites on Region-Free DVD firmware and info.

http://www.powerbook-fr.com/dossiers/dvd_region_free_en_article30.html

You will find your AX21 there if you want.
Use VLC and get the cheaper non-US version.

Cheers
Fred