[Ti] Can't get Mac to go wireless (Platinum Powerbook 1g mem)

Scott Strehlow strehlow at usermail.com
Sat Mar 15 12:19:16 PDT 2008

> For some reason I can not get my Mac to go wireless. I can get all
> my PC's to work but not the Mac. I'm wondering if I or someone
> changed the default. I do not see an option to return to default.

There really is no "default" setting for the wireless network.  It
must be configured to match your router's settings.

More info would help.  What version of OS-X are you running?  Do you
have an Airport or Airport Extreme card?  Have you made any changes
or installed patches or other software recently that you can
correlate with the loss of wireless networking?

Is the Airport on?  Open Internet Connect and click on Airport.  If
on, click the Network drop-down.  Is yours listed?  Are any listed?
Is your router broadcasting the SSID?

>  What could be the problem. It seems others can come into my
> network as well, I just can't go wireless. I am using a Belkin box
> for the network.

Do you have your network encrypted (hopefully)?  If others can join
without your permission, then it is not.  If it is, make sure you
have the encryption settings on the Mac set the same as the router.

Scott