[Ti] Can't get Mac to go wireless (Platinum Powerbook 1g mem)

m_flynn at comcast.net m_flynn at comcast.net
Sat Mar 15 13:08:47 PDT 2008

Running OS-X 10.4.11
Not sure if I have an Airport Extreme card. When I bought it new I got the one that was supposed to have included everything(this was about 3 years ago). How would I check if not sure?

Have never had wireless. Installed the Belken internet connection to make the Mac the network hub.

> Is the Airport on? Open Internet Connect and click on Airport. If
> on, click the Network drop-down. Is yours listed? Are any listed?
> Is your router broadcasting the SSID?

Airport is on. (When using a Belken box would I still need Airport?)
No I do not see the SSID
When I select the ID I created it comes back with "There was an error joining the Airport network MY_ID"

From: Scott Strehlow <strehlow at usermail.com>