[Ti] Can't get Mac to go wireless (Platinum Powerbook 1g mem)

Scott Strehlow strehlow at usermail.com
Sat Mar 15 17:25:41 PDT 2008

> Running OS-X 10.4.11
> Not sure if I have an Airport Extreme card. ... How would I check
> if not sure?

Check in System Profiler.  Click the Apple, select "About this Mac"
then click "More Info."  Under Contents, click the Airport Card.  If
you have the plain Airport (802.11b) then make sure your Belkin
router is set up to allow "b" or "b/g" speeds.  If it is set for just
"g" then your Mac won't be able to connect.  If you have the Airport
Extreme, then choose "g" unless your PCs cannot run at that speed.

>  Have never had wireless. Installed the Belken internet connection
> to make the Mac the network hub.

Go to the Network screen in System Preferences and click "Assist me"
to run the wizard to set up a new wireless connection.