[Ti] power loss issues

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 09:58:23 PDT 2008

Hello,
My wife has a 1Ghz powerbook.  Three issues:

1. Recently she experiences random power losses - the
PB just shuts down.  Upon start up the date changes to
early 1900s and, of course, there is the lost work.

2. Also, she has a problem with the lower third of the
screen intermitantly disappearing (to white) - i
suspect a short in the vid cable.

3. Additionally, the ac connection seems loose and it
takes just the right positioning to get the little
light on the ac adaptor cord to go on.

Any fixes for these problems that are user doable?
All thoughts appreciated.
Thanks. Dave
Please consider emailing me off-list.  I get the
digests and that can take some time.