[Ti] Problem with Hard Drive Alim ?

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Nov 21 08:32:50 PST 2008

On 21 Nov 2008, at 18:27, zefred wrote:

> Hi all !
>
> Yesterday, my dearly (and only....) powerbook g4 DVI 1ghz suddenly
> died after some liquid was spilled on the table it was resting on.
>
> Apparently, the liquid has not penetated the insides of the PB, just
> spread under it.

I was left with a semi-working (keyboard dead, battery would never
charge again) Ti after it came in contact with water on the bottom of
the casing as you describe.

I suppose you could try putting the PB into Firewire Disk Mode, though
I'm not too hopeful from the tests you've already done.

The big  question at this point is: is the disk controller a removable
part or is it on the motherboard? (I suspect the latter and this might
mean a pretty expensive repair)

--
Tarik Bilgin