[Ti] System Drive problem

John Holt johnlh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 18 12:59:07 PDT 2008

Better information has never been posted. Anyone who has information
they consider important on their computer should have it backed up on
a regular basis.  I have a G4 15" PowerMac. It is about 3 years old
and running as smoothly as the day I purchased it. I backup using
firewire on an external HD. I backup my complete HD (bootable). After
your initial backup it is a snap to backup your new information each
day. I use SuperDuper and Intego Personal Backup to perform the
backup (more on this below). At least once I lost everything on my
computer and my backup saved many hours of reinstalling all my
applications, passwords  (many lost). Some information was lost
forever. After that nightmare I would never be without an external
drive with a complete bootable copy of my HD.

Concerning backup programs. I have Intego Virus Barrier and Intego
Personal Backup X5 and SuperDuper on my computer.  When I tried to
backup with SuperDuper about halfway through the backup it would
stop.  When I backed up using Personal Backup I always ended up with
one error. The external HD was still bootable and had my information
on it. I traced my error to Virus Barrier which had detected
something it could not copy.  I then called SuperDuper and they said
the item not only would not copy on SuperDuper but would always cause
it to stop. They put it on Virus Barrier.  I called Intego and they
put the problem on SuperDuper but did provide me with information to
eliminate the error which was to go to preferences in Virus Barrier
and turn off the scanner which would turn back on after the
completion of the backup. It also allowed me to use SuperDuper by
turning off the scanner in Virus Barrier. This for anyone having
trouble cloning and using Virus Barrier and Personal Backup or
SuperDuper.