[Ti] where's the "short"?

Kent cv66seabear at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 05:28:53 PDT 2008

Good Morning,
My name is Kent, and I am brand new to the list.  I have had my Mercury for about 6 months, having switched from a pc.  I bought is used, and apparently it had been dropped before.

I have the same type of problem, but not the same extent.  Mine will sometimes not wake up when the lid is opened, and since it won't lock, it doesn't sleep well (of course, who does at this age?).

I would try doing the same thing, wigle your wires,, see if it is a certain angle, etc.  Hopefully something will manifest itself the same way so you have mnore information.

I have a couple of questions, perhaps someone else has had the same problem I mentioned above.  Is there a switch that can be replaced?

My other question is about the CD/DVD drive.  Mine won't accept discs anymore, I can hear the motor trying to suck it in, but unless I push on it really hard, it won't feed.  WHen I do get a disc (either cd or dvd), they won't read or play.  I have the rom drive, no burning.  My nephew, who is a geek, asked me if I had the original cds to troubleshoot, and I do not.  Is there a disc ffor troubleshooting anyone knows of?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,
Kent

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one that can't read."  -Mark Twain*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *      *      *      *    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.-Groucho Marx