[Ti] Yo-Yo alternatives? (small, lightweight)

J Winter day at whidbey.net
Fri Sep 26 12:32:28 PDT 2008

Because of the 5+ lbs of Ti-book (and my general dissatisfaction with
the half-life of yo-yo power-supplies), I am seeking the best, most
compact, lightweight power supply at affordable price.

I already know about the 45W and 65 W white squares made by Apple
that allow you to NOT take the electrical cord with you (to save
space).  Is there anything else that is more compact and/or more
lightweight?

FWIW, this is for US-use. I figure that if/when that next-planned
international trip comes together (an infrequent event), I'll get
what I need specific for that -- as that is far enough in the future
that I can't predict what Mac I will have then, or etc.

Suggestions? And,if I stay with the "white square" - any good reviews
that compare the Apple ones with the kock-offs (which, generally,
don't have the "colored activity rings"  but *seem* to have good
reviews)? Any with stronger wires ? (the wire that gets would round
and round).

Thanks.

I want to either replace the Yo-yo BEFORE it dies (as it is my last,
working power-supply) and/or reserve it for fixed use, keeping the
other one always with laptop supplies, so that I don't have to
continually pack/unpack  - wind/rewind the yo-yo.