[Ti] Bookendz dock for TiBook?

Read Weaver rweaver at igc.org
Fri Sep 26 17:54:38 PDT 2008

The Bookendz people still have them at $100
http://www.bookendzdocks.com/Docking_Stations-
BookEndz_Dock_for_the_2002_PowerBook_G4_1.html
I got one a few months ago (new) through Amazon, for $60--I see two
there right now, one new and one used, neither from the same company
I bought mine from. The power adapter is a little wonky (sometimes my
TiBook doesn't think it's plugged in and runs on battery--it seems
that plugging in the power adapter (to the dock), opening the
computer, inserting it into the dock, and then turning the computer
on usually allows it to find the power cord; sometimes I have to turn
the computer off and repeat that for it to work. (It's also possible
it's just random, but eventually it's worked.)). Otherwise everything
I've tried works ok (2 USB ports, firewire, DVI, ethernet--there are
some additional ports I haven't used). I got it to avoid bending pins
anywhere, so far it's worked fine. Nothing like the electronic
connections on newer computers/docks, it's just mechanical and takes
a fair amount of force to seat it--but it's well enough designed that
it seats smoothly.