[Ti] black screen

Robert Rakita rmrakita at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 11:35:50 PST 2009

Trevor,
Thanks for the leads.

I have a neighbor that is a Mac guy, and had (or maybe still has) a tibook.
With a bit of luck, I'll be able to swap a battery and hook up to an
external monitor (the adaptor  is in NJ and I am in WA )

Have to wait until they return.
I took the book to the genius bar and within 6 minutes he tells me its the
mother board.

No screen, no start up chime, the power cord briefly lights orange and then
goes out (would guess the power inverter is faulty).The genius bar tek used
his power supply and did get a green light,but nothing happened anyway.

I did manage to get a 3 bong chime once, Checked the ram and the seating
was good.

Now it seems  the HD isn't even spinning.

 Thanks again,
Bob R

--
Remember; no matter where you go, there you are - - and the answer remains -
- 42.