[Ti] black screen and resetting PRAM

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sat Dec 26 21:58:23 PST 2009

On 27 Dec 2009, at 07:18, Doug Metzler wrote:

> Some time ago I had startup issues with my 500MHz TB.  I tried the reset button and zapping
> the PRAM as described with no success. At the genius bar I learned it can be reset
> by unplugging external power and
> taking out the battery, and then pressing the start button for 5 seconds.

Doug - this is exactly the way of resetting the current MacBookPro, but I had not realised that it was an option as far back as the Ti-book.
This is the first I heard of it in relation to a Ti-book.

This procedure is currently used to reset the SMC (System Management Controller).

> Sure enough that did it and I haven't had any problems since.

I was pleased to see that it fixed your problem.

We should all use this as part of our trouble-shooting procedure......

regards,  Trevor