[Ti] black screen and resetting PRAM

Doug Metzler metzler.lists at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 20:18:59 PST 2009

Some time ago I had startup issues with my 500MHz TB.  I tried the reset
button and zapping
the PRAM as described with no success. At the genius bar I learned it can
be reset
(I don't remember if this was a PRAM reset or something else) by unplugging
external power and
taking out the battery, and then pressing the start button for 5 seconds.
 PRAM or something similar
is drained by the startup attempt w/o any power source, getting rid of what
can be causing the problem.
Sure enough that did it and I haven't had any problems since. Don't expect
the TB to start up that way.
After the 5 seconds let go of the start up button, replace the battery
and/or external power then press
the start button.  Of course you loose some settings like time and date but
I didn't loose things like
network settings.

Doug