[Ti] 200+GB HD In PowerBook & Access To Music Collection

Simon Royal mail at simonroyal.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 01:24:56 PDT 2009

Hi

The TiBook does not require a specific type of hard drive. Any 2.5"
hard drive will fit in it - even non-Apple branded ones. I have an
80GB Fujitsu MHT2080AH drive which was fitted by a previous owner.

I have put different hard drives in Lombards, Pismos and TiBooks. In
fact when I owned my Lombard I moved to a TiBook and simply took the
hard drive out of one and put it into another and it worked fine,
without the need to reinstall or set everything up again.

With regards to the large drive issue. There is a hack that will get
you round this, or you could simply partition it using Disc Utility at
about 120GB, and then have further partitions on the same drive - all
of course smaller than 120GB.

Simon