[Ti] why people use a tibook

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Wed Mar 25 14:58:20 PDT 2009

On Mar 25, 2009, at 2:38 PM, Clare O'Farrell wrote:

> At 9:55 AM -0400 25/3/09, Ralph Lewis wrote:
>> You can still get from St Louis to the West Coast in a covered
>> wagon too. And Ti Books still work, but the new technology is a lot
>> more capable for graphics and emerging uses for computers. I say
>> keep up with the times.
>
> I certainly would update if the new machines didn't give me
> insoluble eyestrain! :-) And believe me I have done the research and
> tried every tweak possible. That's the way my vision works
> unfortunately! It just likes old equipment :-)

It sounds like smoothed fonts don't agree with your eyes. Mine seem to
prefer it. I know you are not the only one though. I've heard many
(mainly windows users) complain about this OS X feature.

As for the screens being too bright, I can turn the brightness right
down on my LED display. Are you someone who prefers white on black to
black on white displays?

--
Tarik Bilgin