[Ti] why people use a tibook

Clare O'Farrell c.ofarrell at qut.edu.au
Wed Mar 25 15:34:53 PDT 2009

At 2:58 PM -0700 25/3/09, Tarik Bilgin wrote:

>It sounds like smoothed fonts don't agree with your eyes. Mine seem
>to prefer it. I know you are not the only one though. I've heard
>many (mainly windows users) complain about this OS X feature.

There are complaints from long term mac users too - a number of them
have had to abandon mac and go the dark side as a result. People have
lobbied Apple about this with no result.

>As for the screens being too bright, I can turn the brightness right
>down on my LED display. Are you someone who prefers white on black
>to black on white displays?

Turning the brightness down doesn't help neither does white on black.
I still use eudora for email and I have set the background colour to
pale yellow to avoid the stark contrast of black and white. On Apple
mail you can't change the working background colour unfortunately -
except for the person you are sending the email to.
--
regards
Clare
email: c.ofarrell at qut.edu.au